Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy Program (CARE)
Your home’s energy efficiency is a crucial component to your overall energy costs and comfort. The CARE Program provides free energy efficiency upgrades to help.
The services we provide can include:
- Project and contractor management
- Energy audits
- Energy conservation education
- Upgrades may include:
- LED light bulbs
- Low-flow fixtures
- Energy Star refrigerator
- Air sealing
- You live in a participating county (some counties are only partially covered)
- You meet income qualifications for your county (80% of the area median income)
- You are serviced by a participating utility company (Xcel Energy, Atmos Energy, Holy Cross Energy, Black Hills Energy, San Miguel Power Association, La Plata Electric Association, City of Gunnison Electric, Gunnison County Electric Association, Platte River Power Authority – Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont, Estes Park)
How to Get Help
Complete a CARE application and return it to Energy Outreach Colorado via mail to the address below, fax below, or email to email@example.com. You must include income documentation for each working adult in the household.
- English Application
- Landlord Waiver (Required for rental approval)
- Spanish Application
- Spanish Landlord Waiver (Required for rental approval)
If CARE is not provided in your county, contact the Weatherization Assistance Program for similar services.