Multifamily Affordable Housing Weatherization Program
EOC offers two avenues for affordable housing providers to improve the energy efficiency of their properties – the Multifamily Affordable Housing Weatherization Program and the Affordable Housing Rebate Program. (If you are an individual seeking help, please click here.)
Both programs help fund weatherization improvements, including new insulation, high-efficiency water heaters and pumps, and efficient light fixtures.
EOC helps Colorado property owners through both programs conduct an energy audit, navigate rebates and funding, and work with contractors to ensure a complete and timely project. The result is lower operating costs that ensure properties remain affordable for tenants.
How to qualify
To qualify for the Multifamily Affordable Housing Weatherization Program:
- The building must have a central heating system or units that are individually heated.
- At least 66% of a building’s population must be at or below 60% of the state median income (see chart below).
|Household Size||1 person||2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people||7 people||8 people|
|Household Size||60% SMI|
To qualify for the Affordable Housing Rebate Program:
- At least 66% of the building’s residents must be at or below 80% of area median income.
- The building’s energy utility is served by Atmos Energy, Black Hills Energy, Colorado Natural Gas, Platte River Power Authority, or Xcel Energy.
Are you Interested in Becoming a Contractor?
We are always looking for contractors to partner with to help us do this work. If you’re interested, you can:
- Review the list of current RFPs on our site.
- You can also receive exclusive bid opportunities by signing up for an account at Bid Net Direct. Click to register.