Community Solar Program
Community solar gardens are large solar projects located within communities where the electricity generated is spread across multiple households, offsetting their electricity bill. Our program connects limited-income renters and homeowners in Colorado whose homes are not suitable for rooftop solar with free access to the cost savings of solar energy.
Benefits of Community Solar:
- Guaranteed monthly savings on your energy bill.
- Average households save 50% off the cost of electricity per year (about $600/year or $50/month).
- You don’t need to own your home (renters can participate).
- You don’t need a sunny roof suitable for solar.
- You are not responsible for repairs and maintenance of the solar array.
- Subscriptions can move with you.
- Free to sign up, cancel, or opt out at any time.
- Environmentally friendly, clean electricity.
Do I Qualify
You are eligible if:
- Your electric utility provider is Xcel Energy or Black Hills Energy.
- Your household income is at or below 80% of your county’s area median income OR your income qualifies you for LEAP.
If you think you qualify but aren’t sure, please contact us to verify.
How to Apply
If you are eligible, click to submit an Interest Form to our program. A member of our staff will contact you within two weeks to complete the application process.
Or you can e-mail the fully completed application and income verification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to receive an application in the mail, call us at 303.226.7060 or 303.226.7069.
For questions about the forms or the application process, please review the frequently asked questions or contact us.
What happens after I apply?
- We will verify income eligibility and send application forms for you to sign.
- We will submit your signed data consent form to your electricity provider (Xcel Energy or Black Hills Energy) for approval.
- If your data consent form is approved, once the solar garden starts to produce, you’ll receive an enrollment letter from our team letting you know when you can expect to see savings on your electric bill and how to read the bill.
- If you are moving or plan to move, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can make sure your subscription moves with you.
Xcel Energy Income-Qualified Community Solar Gardens by the numbers in 2021
Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Jefferson, Larimer & Weld
Annual energy bill savings per household
Read more >>>