On August 8, 2022, Energy Outreach Colorado’s deputy director Luke Ilderton, was elected to serve as Chair of the Legislative Commission on Low-Income Energy and Water Assistance.
This Commission was created as part of HB21-1105 in a bipartisan effort to address the continued need for energy and water assistance and efficiency, while eliminating the reliance on assistance derived from severance taxes. The new Commission will be responsible for reviewing and approving the annual budget allocation of funds generated as a result of the provisions within HB21-1105.
“Luke has dedicated the greater portion of his working life to energy efficiency and renewable energy,” said Colorado Energy Office Weatherization Assistance Program Director Ryan Harry. “At Energy Outreach Colorado, Luke has focused his work on helping reduce energy costs for energy burdened Coloradans. He is an expert across the energy industry, from the nuts and bolts of energy engineering to organizational leadership as Deputy Director. I can’t think of a better person to chair this commission to improve the lives of the Coloradans we serve.”
Joining Luke as Vice-Chair will be Andrew Hawkins of Xcel Energy.
Additional members of the Commission are:
- State agency representatives:
- Theresa Kullen, The Department of Human Services
- Michelle Butler, Colorado Energy Office
- Three members appointed by the Governor:
- Regina Bosma, representing an entity that serves a population eligible for low-income assistance (Arapahoe County Weatherization Division);
- Laura Getts, representing an electric utility (San Isabel Electric Association);
- Elizabeth Gillitzer-Gallardo, representing a water utility (Aurora Water).
For media inquiries, contact
Denise Stepto, Chief Communications Officer