Nonprofit Energy Efficiency Program (NEEP)
The Nonprofit Energy Efficiency Program awards grants for energy efficiency upgrades to nonprofit organizations that serve low-income individuals and families. This funding offsets the purchase and installation of energy efficient equipment. Participants additionally benefit from lower monthly utility bills.
The services we provide at no cost to participating organizations can include:
- Energy assessments
- Management of contractor quotes
- Navigation of rebates and funding sources
- Project installation and contract management
- Energy conservation education
- Equipment replacement (lighting, insulation, HVAC, low-flow fixtures, etc.)
- Your organization’s core mission serves low-income individuals and families
- You are an IRS 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in good standing with the State of Colorado
- You own your facility
- Your organization is responsible for paying energy bills
- Organizations with long-term leases (minimum 3 years remaining, option to renew) and a letter showing owner support. Nonprofits leasing government owned buildings may qualify on a limited basis
How to Get Help
Applications are accepted from October through April and will be reviewed starting in January 2021. If you are experiencing an emergency outside of the application period please contact us.
Applicants will be notified within six weeks of review.
NEEP Program Coordinator
The Nonprofit Energy Efficiency Program is funded by our partners Atmos Energy, Black Hills Energy, Colorado Natural Gas, Xcel Energy, and the Denver Office of Nonprofit Engagement.