We provide bill payment assistance to households across Colorado to help those who can’t afford their home energy costs.
In response to COVID-19, participants can now receive bill payment assistance two times this program year while not exceeding total program year benefit of $1,500. This program year runs from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
Prior to receiving bill payment assistance from Energy Outreach Colorado, all eligible households must first apply for LEAP at:
- Apply online at Colorado Department of Human Services
- Call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) to apply over the phone
You must first apply for LEAP.
- You pay home energy costs directly to an energy vendor/utility
- Your bill is past due or you are running low on fuel
- You meet income qualifications for your county (80% of Area Median Income)
How to Get Help
Call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435)
You will work directly with a case worker at one of our partner agencies, who will guide you through the application process, determine eligibility, and authorize bill payments.
For help or questions, call 1-866-HEAT-HELP
If you are interested in becoming a partner agency, email us.